- SPL candidates must be troop members in good standing
- Scouts running for SPL must be First Class rank or above (waived for incoming girls for transitional year 1 only)
- Scouts may not serve multiple terms as SPL within Troop 351
- Entire troop (boys and girls) in attendance at SPL election meeting will elect a single boy SPL and a single girl SPL
- 50% + 1 vote is required to win the SPL election. If 50%+1 is not achieved, the top 2 recipients will be voted on again in a run-off.
- SPLs will appoint ASPLs proportionately by gender makeup of the troop
- SPLs will appoint additional leadership positions (scribe, webmaster, historian, quartermasters, etc..)
Length of Term
SPLs are elected for a 1 year term. All other leadership positions are 6 month terms.