BSA Trip Focus: Kayaking & Mountain Biking
Scout Preparation: 9/3 -Silverspoon preparations
Other Options: Swimming, Hiking, Fishing
Leave: 8:00am – Saturday September 20th from St. Ignatius Church
Return: 3:00pm – Sunday September 21st to St. Ignatius Church
Food: Patrol Cook, the patrol must provide all ingredients for themselves.
- Saturday lunch, each boy should bring their own sack lunch
- Saturday dinner, prepare enough for themselves AND 4 judges. There may be more than 4 but since we are critiquing 4 patrols we do not need full servings
- Prepare Asian theme dishes. Must include a salad, some sort of ribs, and dessert. Might I suggest a beverage…non-alcoholic of course!
- Dinnerware-GO NUTS!!! BUT THE TROOP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE. Better to get creative with cheap stuff than bring the heirloom patterns.
- The judges will visit the patrols with our own mess kits but we are more impressed if the table is laid out.
- Sunday breakfast the patrols will cook as a patrol but they do not need to feed anyone but themselves.
- Sunday lunch-we are not scheduled to return until 3:00 so lunch is a good idea. Please make it a no-coo k meal
- Bathing Suit
- 1 pairs shorts (Class B)
- 1 t-shirts (Class B)
- Tennis Shoes & socks
- 1 Sweatpants & sweatshirt
- Rain Jacket
- Sleeping bag / pad / pillow
- Toiletries & Towel
- Flashlight / books / card / etc.
- Camp Chair
- Day backpack
- Water bottles
- Mess Kit
- 10 essentials
- Optional – fishing gear
- Optional – Mountain Bike & Helmet
- Optional – Kayak & PFD