Want visual calendar on Calendar page Trying to get Google Calendar to display both 531 and 5351 and it wasn’t working so I removed it. Keep working on it. Maybe have to display both calendars, which I didn’t want to do. Fixed. See Calendar.
- Don’t want albums left open for people to put interesting things in
- Wrote Using Google Photos as a start on guidelines. Will turn off “Collaborate” on albums
Better connection to forms and other information for parents All of the information from the old site is on here, it’s just a matter of getting good pathways to it
- Jen needs to collect payments from Scouts
- Emailed her to get more information. I think Scoutbook can do it but maybe she needs a different approach. TBD
- There are people on the email@example.com mailing list who don’t want to be.
Jenni Benson will work on that with Phil
- I would replace the mailing list with a Google Group, which can be used on the web but is mostly via email. That will let us have multiple managers, who are people who can add or remove email addresses. We can turn on moderation if it ever seems necessary.
Other options are listed on this page. Groups.io looks nice but their pricing page says free lists are limited to 100 members. Scoutbook says we have 144 people, many of whom are Scouts without email addresses today but 100 doesn’t seem like enough. And then it’s $20/month
- Used Scoutbook to output a CSV file with 84 adult email addresses. Recommend adding leaders directly but inviting parents. There are also 12 Scouts with email addresses.
- Ask Phil to send list of who’s on the mailing list. Drop duplicates from Scoutbook, remove anyone who complained, invite the rest?
- Request to wait until after Hawaii trip to do a change
Several posts are not pointing to the right event or the album is mislabeled. Make posts Private for now and investigate soon.
- Boxes on main page are not flowing smoothly – needs to get fixed
- Info on dues on Join page – are there scholarships available?
- Comments on each page or post
- Not clear that the theme that we’re using can use comments. When I try to turn them on, it says the theme won’t support it. Comments is on the roadmap because while it would be good to get feedback on each page that’s relevant to that page, they’re a huge spam magnet.
- Definitely possible that somebody in the troop is better with WordPress.com than I am and can help with this.
- Need retention policy. If somebody points out a bug and it gets fixed, do you leave the comment? Maybe, to show bugs get fixed. Maybe remove it because it’s not relevant any more.