Troops 351 and 5351 have some type of camping trip almost every month and during the summer there’s even more.

Gear and Equipment

The troops own tents, patrol boxes, kayaks, bows and arrows, climbing gear, and many other things useful for having a great time outdoors regardless of the weather.

Your scout will need their own gear.


See Troop Talk for definition of “Individual Cook”, “Patrol Cook”, and “Troop Cook”. Here’s a menu plan for patrol cooks.

Medical Forms

For short campouts lasting less than 72 hours, BSA allows the use of the AB medical form (PDF). Parts A & B can be completed by a parent for their Scout.

For campouts over 72 hours, like summer camp, BSA requires the ABC medical form (PDF). Parts A & B are for parents but part C must be completed by a medical professional.

Many insurance programs provide for an annual wellness visit. Most Scout families get in the habit of taking the ABC medical form with them. Other opportunities include bringing it along to physicals for sports or visiting clinics for students at local high schools. You don’t have to go to one of those schools to use their clinic.


There will be a designated person on every trip who is responsible for collecting and providing medicines. At summer camps, the camp staff will often collect the medicines from the troops.

About Troop 351